Updated: December 24, 2023
Information for Cosplayers
How to Cosplay at Comic Market
Everybody can use the Cosplay Changing Rooms to Cosplay after entering the event. A 500 Yen registration fee will apply.
Coming and Going
- Everybody must use the Cosplay Changing Rooms to Cosplay.
- Coming and going from/to your home, hotel, etc. in Cosplay is not allowed, as Japanese society does not (yet) accept people in costume in the city. We might deny entry to the event if you arrive in Cosplay.
- Changing in the toilets is strictly not allowed.
Entering the event
- All participants of Comic Market, including Cosplayers, are required to purchase a wristband or a ticket that can be exchanged to a wristband.
- On-site sales will be limited to PM Entry wristbands that can only enter after 12:30. Other types of tickets/wristbands need to be pre-purchased.
- There will be no possibility to enter free of charge.
- See the C103 Information for International Attendees for further details.
Carry your wristband with you at all times during the vent. Even if you decide not to wear it while in costume.
- Please change into your costume at one of the Cosplay Changing Rooms
- Changing or doing you makeup in the toilets is strictly not allowed.
- A 500 Yen Registration Fee is required to enter the Changing Room for the first time each day, to be paid at the entrance to the Changing Room
- One child up to 9th grade can enter for free together with one paying adult
- You will receive a Cosplay Registration leaflet (different color on each day), with which you can enter the Changing Room multiple times.
- Last entry to change into costume is at 15:30.
- Individual permission is required from each cosplayer before taking any pictures. Wait your turn and ask nicely.
- Do not hesitate to say NO, if you do not want to have your picture taken, in general or in a specific pose, or if its just inconvenient moment.
- Staff might stop a photo shoot if it becomes too crowded
- Pictures can be taken anywhere within the venue as long as permission is given and it is safe to do so (do not stop the flow of people!). The Cosplay Areas are just places where cosplayers and photographers gather for convenience.
The following items are forbidden to bring into Comic Market and will be forfeit
- Items forbidden by law
– Any guns, firearms or knifes and swords forbidden by law, including fakes that are in risk of violating laws
– Any items that are deemed dangerous by fire regulations (fuel, fireworks, flammables)
– Any items in violation of Penal Code Article 175 or the Law on Child Pornography
- Animals (excluding service animals such as guide dogs)
- Large batteries (excluding small batteries for mobile phones, laptops, etc.)
- Any balloons using Helium or other floating gases
- Any other items deemed a danger by staff, security personnel, the Fire Department or the police
The following costumes are forbidden
- Any costume in risk of being legally considered indecent exposure
- Costumes without wearing underwear. Breast petals and silicone pads are considered underwear. Please also wear underwear under swimsuits.
- Costume with visible underwear, either directly or see-through, including underwear highly visible from your armpits or around your breasts. Bra straps designed to be visible are fine. Bloomers, gym knickers and other pants to be worn on top are considered part of the costume.
- Any costume with a high degree of skin exposure. For women: breast exposure of 1/3 or less and coverage of underwear as a guideline.
- Costumes risking damage or soiling of the facilities (e.g., undried paint and liquids)
- Costumes and accessories falling under forbidden items. (obviously fake guns and swords not violating the law are allowed)
We strongly recommend wearing stockings or tights in the following cases:
- short skirts in risk of exposing underwear when bending
- Swimwear, leotards, bloomers etc. significantly showing your legs
- Any costume with the risk of see-through
The following props and accessories are forbidden
Any items imitating weapons
– only those allowed by Act on Firearms or Swords are permitted
– Toy guns (using air, gas or batteries) must not be loaded. Any bullets and air/gas/batteries must be removed
– must be put into bags while moving around
Any items higher than 2m or wider than 1m, such as magical wands, canes and signs, must be disassembled when moving around
Restrictions on moving around outside of Cosplay Areas
The following costumes are restricted from moving around the venue, outside of the Cosplay Areas, for safety:
- Costumes higher than 2m or wider than 1m (like animal suits or mechas). If it can be dismantled, even large costumers are allowed to move around, but you must bring an escort if your can’t walk safely on your own
- Costumes dragging on the floor, such as very long skirts, cloaks and capes must be removed or picket up to not touch the floor (including when moving inside the Cosplay Areas)
- Costumes limiting the view, such as helmets, masks, bandages, etc. must be removed when moving (medical equipment is excluded)
- Costumes endangering people around you, such as pointy metallic objects, must be made safe when moving around
- Costumes looking like professionals with special privileges, such as police, fire fighters or security personnel must be covered by a coat while moving around. You must not act or speak in a manner that might be mistaken with real professionals.
Cosplay Changing Rooms
Location: South 2 Hall and East 8 Hall
(see C103 Information Map)
Opening Hours: 10:30 - 17:00
Teardown will begin at 17:00 on the last day. Please complete changing back to reality by 17:00. We will start with preparing for teardown after around 16:00
Inside the Changing Room
- Tables and chairs are available inside
- Half a table and one chair can be used per person. Please make sure to fit all your belonging, including luggage, within your space
- Do not occupy any empty space next to you, even if it is temporarily unoccupied. Somebody will be coming very soon
- Please kindly move out of the Changing Room once finished and try to keep usage short to reduce congestion and waiting times
It is forbidden to
- take any kind of picture or video inside the Changing Room, including selfies or using your phone as mirror
- leave baggage unattended
- rest or eat inside the Changing Room
- wait to meet with friends inside or around the Changing Room
- any action that might soil the surroundings, such as using coloring sprays, foams, or paints
- use of electrical outlets
Extra space and baggage storage/cloak
- Extra tables for rearranging your baggage and finishing your makeup are available outside near the Changing Rooms
- Please do not leave your baggage unattended there
- There will be paid baggage storage (a cloak) available in East 8 Hall and South 1 Hall
– Open 8:30 - 16:00
– 500 Yen per piece of luggage (large items over 120cm will be 800 Yen)
– Only available while space lasts
- Inside South 1 Hall
- Rooftop Exhibition Area (after 12:00. outside West 3 Hall)
- Outside East 8 Hall
- Inside East 7 Hall (only on Dec. 31)
The Gardens and Entrance Plaza are not Cosplay Areas at C103
See C103 Information Map for the locations
The opening times of each Cosplay Area might change depending on the progress of the Waiting Line to enter the venue and congestion.
Usage might be restricted due to weather and other factors.
The following are forbidden
- Any actions forbidden throughout the entire venue
- Throwing, swinging around of any objects
- Kicking, climbing, jumping, etc. Any dynamic posing and movements
- Indiscriminate distributing pamphlets
- Not following instructions by staff
Return to C103 Information for International Attendees
Return to top page
[Since: Dec. 24, 2023] [Last update: Dec 24, 2023]